Motivations & Pathways for Digital Transformation through GIS
2021 Esri National Government Executive Forum Presentations Exclusively Available to IMIA members
- Imagery & GeoAI – Public Authority for Civil Information (PACI), Kuwait,
- 3D & Digital Twins – Central Statistics Office, Grenada,
- Open Data & Data Transmission – Instituto Geográfico Agustin Codazzi, Colombia
- Digital Transformation – Ordnance Survey, Great Britain
- Change Management – Danish Hydrographic Office, Geodata Agency, Denmark
- Geospatial Strategy – Centre for GIS, Qatar
- and more
This capstone event for Esri’s User Community for Geospatial Authorities provides an international forum for national mapping, charting, cadastre, and statistical organizations to come together and share their motivations and pathways for how they have digitally transformed their organizations to respond to new and evolving challenges. The event theme represents the transformation within our industry.
As we enter the Fourth Industrial Revolution it is clear the critical role accurate and authoritative location information providers play in supporting socio-economic, national security, and environmental objectives for their nations. Whereas in the past, delivering accurate and authoritative data may have been sufficient, increasingly geospatial authorities are having to digitally transform themselves to respond to new community demands. These include accelerating the updating of information, the delivery of information in new formats, integration of datasets to deliver additional context, and doing this all with more efficiency and automation.
IMIA members were sent this link directly to view the event presentations and learn more about innovations in digital transformation.